RGC's long-term suppliers are the strategic partners with whom we orchestrate relationship projects, facilitating roaster participation in efforts to collaborate directly with coffee-growing communities.
These efforts strive to strengthen our supply and roaster partnerships through:
- Proven, well-regarded, cost-effective programs that support a business case
- Customized programming that matches roaster interests and proprietary priorities
- Flexibility in the premium and donation levels that support these efforts, their focus, and the branding of these projects.
Working with nature guides all of our efforts because we all depend on these precious resources globally.
Knowledge and technologies are developed to:
- Encourage conservation of the environment and preserve biodiversity
- Help adapt to, and reduce the effects, of climate change
- Make efficient use of water to minimize waste and contamination
- Monitor soil, erosion, and the use of fertilizers to ensure best practices are implemented
Under our Corporate Stewardship Program, we uphold our "3-E’s" of work priorities for strengthening our value chain:
ELEVATE | EMPOWER | EDUCATE
From new aqueducts and classrooms to improved roads and hospitals, we have developed and supported projects that help enhance the quality of life in communities of coffee-growers.
When we partner with producing communities, we strive to expand horizons and opportunities in farming communities so their members can make empowered decisions to enhance their well-being.
Traditionally, many producers see farming as an activity instead of as a business. At RGC, we realize the importance of formalizing farming priorities to ensure sound business and stronger supply partners who make informed decisions about their operations.
These efforts are designed to bolster economic opportunity:
- Price premiums go to producers to enable them to bolster the infrastructures that support their communities
- We can work to devise traceability and transparency reports for projects
- Through our on-the-ground partners, access to credit is granted for improving coffee plantations
- Experts who know and understand local customs and conditions impart technical coffee knowledge to improve quality, productivity, and profitability
We continue to work hard to meet our goals and develop new programs. Feel free to reach out to learn more about our current and future initiatives.